Position Purpose: To provide proper fertilization and injection applications to trees, turf and ornamentals.
Essential Functions and Typical Tasks:
Function: Fertilize and complete tree injections.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment at all times
- Maintain and submit daily job log.
- Apply fertilizer and chemicals efficiently and safely
- Communicate with customers and inform them of what is going on with their property.
- Communicate with supervisor and manager daily
- Be able to provide feedback and recommendations on overall task
Based on experience and qualifications, be able to also utilize skill set with the following:
- Tree Trimming/Removal
- Sprinkler head installation/repair
- Irrigation valve installation/ repair
- Landscape Maintenance
- Over-seeding & Aerification
- Sod Replacement
- Drainage projects
Performance Meets Minimum Expectations When:
- Timelines are met within acceptable tolerances.
- Daily logs are consistently maintained and timely submitted.
- Customer feedback is positive (customer survey results).
- There are few, if any, loose ends in area of responsibility as evidenced during project walk through.
- There is no sign of equipment/vehicle abuse or neglect.
- Vehicles are kept clean.
- All safety rules are followed.
- Sidewalk and Operator positions available during winter months
- Snow Removal hourly rate: $30.00/hr
Two years minimum experience required in turf or horticulture field. A Driver’s license and ability to operate small equipment is required.
- CO-WORKER RELATIONSHIPS – Must be able to cooperatively interact with co-workers so as to promote an efficient, productive work unit. Sets a harmonious, respectful example for other co-workers.
- TIME MANAGEMENT, USE OF WORK TIME – Must be able to organize, prioritize, and follow directions to maximize productive results. Deadlines are met and customer services are expediently delivered.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions, lift 50 lbs and work extended hours as seasonal weather permits.
This position description is meant to describe the typical kinds of duties or difficulty level that may be required of positions with this title. The use of a particular expression shall not limit or exclude other duties or difficulty levels not mentioned. This position description is not meant to limit or modify the organization’s right to assign, direct or control the work assigned to this position. It is possible that each listed duty may not be assigned to each incumbent.
Hourly wages are dependent on experience.
Other Career Opportunities
Retail sales associates sell quality products and plants and provide unmatched service to customers in the retail garden center.
We specialize in residential and commercial irrigation and lighting. As a technician, you provide proper installation and service maintenance of irrigation and lighting systems.
We are seeking individuals who can focus on all aspects of property maintenance including mowing, bed maintenance and irrigation repair. We are also seeking individuals who specialize in the application of granular fertilizer and liquid herbicides for residential and commercial turf areas.
Greenhouse sales associates sell quality plants and products and provide unmatched service to customers in the greenhouse, retail center and/or nursery, as well as care for the plant material at our garden center.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated, experienced individual who is able to work alongside one to three crew members and, as a team, produce high-quality landscape projects.