Position Purpose: To provide the best property maintenance to residential and commercial sites.
Essential Functions and Typical Tasks:
Function: Maintaining properties at the highest level throughout the growing season.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment at all times.
- Maintain and submit daily job log.
- Apply fertilizer and chemicals around landscape plant material as needed
- Apply proper seasonal agronomic practices to each property.
- Proper use of small engine equipment & handheld tools.
- Communicate with customers and inform and educate them about their property.
- Communicate with supervisor and manager daily.
- Be able to provide feedback and recommendations on overall task.
Based on experience and qualifications be able to also utilize skill set with the following:
- Tree Trimming/Removal
- Small plant installation
- Operation of small equipment
- Operation of small handheld equipment
- Over-seeding & Aerification
- Basic yard renovation updates
Performance Meets Minimum Expectations When:
- Time lines are met within acceptable tolerances.
- Daily logs are consistently maintained and timely submitted.
- Customer feedback is positive (customer survey results).
- There are few, if any, loose ends in area of responsibility as evidenced during project walk through.
- There is no sign of equipment/vehicle abuse or neglect.
- Vehicles are kept clean.
- All safety rules are followed.
- Sidewalk and Operator positions available during winter months
- Snow Removal hourly rate: $30.00/hr
High School diploma or equivalent required. A Driver’s license and ability to operate small equipment is required.
- CO-WORKER RELATIONSHIPS – Must be able to cooperatively interact with co-workers so as to promote an efficient, productive work unit. Sets a harmonious, respectful example for other co-workers.
- TIME MANAGEMENT, USE OF WORK TIME – Must be able to organize, prioritize, and follow directions to maximize productive results. Deadlines are met and customer services are expediently delivered.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions, lift 50 lbs and work extended hours as seasonal weather permits.
This position description is meant to describe the typical kinds of duties or difficulty level that may be required of positions with this title. The use of a particular expression shall not limit or exclude other duties or difficulty levels not mentioned. This position description is not meant to limit or modify the organization’s right to assign, direct or control the work assigned to this position. It is possible that each listed duty may not be assigned to each incumbent.
Hourly wages are dependent on experience.
Other Career Opportunities
Retail sales associates sell quality products and plants and provide unmatched service to customers in the retail garden center.
We are seeking individuals to provide proper fertilization and injection applications to trees, turf and ornamentals.
We specialize in residential and commercial irrigation and lighting. As a technician, you provide proper installation and service maintenance of irrigation and lighting systems.
Greenhouse sales associates sell quality plants and products and provide unmatched service to customers in the greenhouse, retail center and/or nursery, as well as care for the plant material at our garden center.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated, experienced individual who is able to work alongside one to three crew members and, as a team, produce high-quality landscape projects.